The F.C. Grote Fund is part of the Lawyers Fund of the bar foundation, which was established:
- To relieve want or distress among the members of the bar association or their families by making loans.
- To promote, advance, improve, and facilitate the administration of justice in Allegheny County through dissemination of educational information.
- To give scholarships, fellowships, and grants-in-aid for research, writing, and other study of law and of the administration of justice.
- To make loans to deserving law students, without interest and without security, or to create scholarships as outright grants to worthy law students.
- To acquire, preserve, and exhibit rare books, objects of art, and items of historical interest having legal significance bearing on the administration of justice.
In accordance with these guidelines, the F.C. Grote Fund annually awards $5,000 scholarships to a student at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
Click here to download an application.
Deadline for applications is Monday, April 15, 2013.
For more information, contact Lorrie Albert at 412-402-6640 or firstname.lastname@example.org.