Skip to content
Get Legal Help

Get legal help

The Pro Bono Center uses staff and volunteer attorneys to help individuals with low incomes with a variety of civil (non-criminal) legal issues. These include such things as divorce, child custody, housing, criminal records clearing, among many others. The help we provide might be brief phone advice, referral to another organization, or full representation in your case, depending upon the legal matter.

Call the Pro Bono Center at 412-402-6677 and we will do our best to assist you.

If you would like to file for an uncontested divorce with no property to split up, contact the Divorce Law Project at 412-402-6714.

You can find information and self-help materials on many areas of law at

Not all areas of need are covered by legal aid organizations or pro bono projects and you may need to pay for an attorney. To hire an attorney, call the ACBA Lawyer Referral Service at 412-261-5555 or visit If your income is very low, inquire about services available at reduced rates through the Modest Means Program.

We do not handle defense of criminal cases. If you have been charged with a crime and you can’t afford an attorney, contact the office of the Public Defender in the county where you were charged to see if you’re eligible for free representation.